Sunday, August 03, 2008

Life can give you lemonade!

Well, if you think that my last post seemed like life had been dealing me a hard hand, you don't even know. Since then, I have filed for divorce. My husband who I have stood beside and supported has been gambling for the past two years. I finally realized that enough is enough and prayed for help. I was told that it is time to move on. This has been a hard thing for me, but I know that the Lord is on my side and is looking out for me. I love the Lord more than my husband, so Him I must follow. I have moved to Utah and will be starting my new job as an elementary teacher soon. I feel free, safe, and happy for the first time in a long time. I know that out of the darkness will arise a brighter future. Like my brother-in-law told me, "When one door shuts, a window opens, but sometimes the hallway is really long."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still as cute as ever.

Rachel said...

Laura,
I'm so proud of you!! I hope things are going well for you in Utah. Have you started school yet? What is your phone #? Email me & I'll call you... chickenlegsusu@hotmail.com

oh yeah, my blog is chickenlegshatch.blogspot.com
Love you, Lolly! (I call you Aunt Lolly to Madi. I hope that's ok)

All the places you love said...

Laura e-mail me so I can know when and where to get some school things to you. Auntie K

Susie Cozad said...

Oh my heck.. You're in Utah? Heheh! YOU HAVE to email me ASAP!!! Where are you teaching? I have no idea how I wound up on your page but I'm so glad I did!

Your Girl's Camp Secret Sister, Susie (Smoot) Cozad

Marylois said...

Good luck to you in teaching 3rd grade. I volunteer at my local elementary school with the 2nd grade classes. Teachers do a wonderful work. I wish you were here in Iowa and I would volunteer in your class!