Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Fun Scavanger Hunt

Hey everyone. I have had a lot of fun doing this assignment. I want to teach kindergarten, so I needed to make a scavenger hunt that was fun and not too complicated. I decided that I could incorporate a scavenger hunt into a lesson about teaching rhyming words, which is a big part of learning how to read. This would engage the children by participating in a “fun activity” while also integrating technology into the lesson. I feel that in order to reach all children, we need to make the learning environment appear exciting and spontaneous, and not so rigid. I feel that incorporating a scavenger hunt into a lesson can do this. It is almost as if the student thinks they are playing a game, but the teacher is secretly sneaking “learning” into it.


Rhyming Words Scavenger Hunt


In this scavenger hunt, you will see a nursery rhyme. Read the nursery rhyme and click on the link to find the missing rhyming word. You may look for the answer in the picture, or in the nursery rhyme below the picture. The missing word will rhyme with the word written in bold. Type your answers by leaving a comment; I will check to see that you found the correct rhyming words. Once you are finished, you may go to any of the nursery rhymes and participate in the on-line coloring activity.


1. Jack, be nimble; Jack, be quick;
Jack, jump over the _______.

Jack Be Nimble


2. Hickory, dickory, dock,
The mouse ran up the ______;
The clock struck one,
The mouse ran down,
Hickory, dickory, dock.

Hickory Dickory Dock


3. Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags ________;
One for my master,
One for my dame,
But none for the little boy
Who cries in the lane.

Baa Baa Black Sheep


4. Jack and Jill went up a _____,
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his _____,
And Jill came tumbling after.

Jack and Jill


5. Hey diddle diddle,
The cat and the _____,
The cow jumped over the moon;
The little dog laughed
To see such a sport,
And the dish ran away with the ____.

Hey Diddle Diddle, the Cat and the Fiddle


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey lolly, I had a lot of fun coloring the pictures, well, I just did Jack and Jill because there was a lot to click on.